LOCATION: KANSAS CITY, MO.
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for engaging qualified leads and setting sales appointments for EML’s Business Development team. This position is critical in driving business interest for EML. Duties of the Inside Sales Representative include: reviewing prospect information, locating decision-makers, getting past company gatekeepers, pre-qualifying prospects, and ultimately setting a phone or in-person appointment with a Director of Business Development. All duties must be conducted in a clear, positive and professional tone, positioning EML as a worldwide leader in payment card technology.
This position will apply general marketing and sales principles on a daily basis including cold-calling and telemarketing techniques, email template usage, scripts and message refinement, product collateral usage, EML product knowledge, Internet search engine expertise, LinkedIn usage, calendar scheduling, Excel spreadsheets, prospect lists and list vendors, and CRM systems.
Weekly or monthly appointment goals will be set for this position and he/she will be incentivized for exceeding these goals. The position structure includes an hourly base rate plus the opportunity to earn commission.
• Team orientation and accountability
• Insanely high energy, urgency curiosity, and assertiveness
• Self-direction and strong sense of ownership
• Commitment to winning
• Customer focus
• Multi-tasking and attention to detail
• Sense of humor
• Pride in work and accomplishments
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Utilize professional telemarketing skills and written communication skills to call and email prospective customers, both cold and warm.
• Prepare fully for all calls, collecting information and knowing the customer prior to making contact.
• Set both phone and in-person appointments for the appropriate Director of Business Development, based on product solution and calendar availability.
• Confirm all upcoming appointments with both the prospect and the Director of Business Development.
• Follow up repeatedly if necessary, and be assertive yet professional in reaching prospects.
• Be resourceful, find solutions, and break through barriers such as voice mails, incorrect contacts, gatekeepers and various objections.
• Reschedule canceled appointments and no-shows, determining reasons for cancelations and ensuring appropriate fit (is this the right product for the right prospect, etc.).
• Work with the marketing department to collect, cleanse and prioritize targeted lists.
• Work with the marketing department to write scripts, customize the messaging, and prepare for objections.
• Be continually knowledgeable of marketing campaigns, messaging, collateral, tactics, processes and procedures, and general company goals.
• Use Internet search engines, LinkedIn and other resources to locate new prospects and decision-makers.
• Become knowledgeable of EML’s products and services, able to confidently and passionately discuss the benefits with a prospective customer.
• Create and maintain calling program documentation. Accurately track and record notes about call attempts and conversations, setting future follow-ups, and sending collateral/information as needed.
• Utilize the CRM system to research and become familiar with existing leads and deals in the pipeline.
• Manually enter or export lead information into CRM system as needed.
• Achieve and exceed goals for number of calls and appointments.
• Prepare regular progress reports on calling campaigns for internal stakeholders.
• Other duties as assigned.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Typically, the following minimum requirements will exist:
• Principles, concepts and applications of sales, marketing and customer relationships.
• Modern office equipment practices and procedures.
• Common business software products, such as Microsoft Office and CRM systems.
• Prepaid, payments or financial services industry experience is preferred.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Telemarketing, cold-calling and general inside-sales abilities.
• Proficiency with Outlook email, calendars and scheduling.
• Research skills and Internet proficiency.
• Data entry and record-keeping skills.
• Ability to solve problems and identify opportunities to improve processes and efficiencies.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
• Good interpersonal skills, including tact, patience, courtesy and customer focus.
• Be accountable and well-organized, handling multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to schedules and deadlines.
• Exude confidence when speaking with prospective customers.
• Work independently with minimal supervision.
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Communicate and work effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
• Present a professional image to employees, clients and partners.
• Perform detailed-oriented work accurately with frequent interruptions.
• High school education plus college-level courses or Bachelor’s degree.
• 2 to 3 years of direct sales and telemarketing experience, preferably in a B2B environment.