Location: Kansas City, Mo.
Using a variety of analytic tools, the Data Analyst will develop and effectively present useful and insightful information from a variety of data sources that leads to accurate and appropriate interpretation of data.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The database administrator must exhibit the following characteristics:
• Team orientation
• Curiosity and Assertiveness
• Self-direction and strong sense of ownership
• High level of urgency
• Commitment to winning
• Agent of change
• Customer Focus
• Sense of Humor
• Pride in work and accomplishments
• Belief in personal and team accountability
• Attention to detail
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's Degree is required. A combination of education, specialized training, and experience equivalency will be considered as a substitute for one of the listed disciplines.
A minimum of three years’ experience and expertise in analysis of data and reports using enterprise class tools required, with expertise in logical and physical data modeling and a solid understanding of Business Intelligence trends is preferred. Ability to write simple SQL statements is also required.
Proven ability to work across organizational boundaries with competing priorities and perspectives as well as excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills is strongly preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Analyze tables in EML Payment’s database to establish knowledge of data to accurately communicate to the business the available data points.
• Translate reporting requests in order to accurately meet the actual information and deadline needs of users.
• Educate requestors as to appropriate and desirable parameters to ensure they get the information they need.
• Collaborate with end users to gather report requirements and ensure proper testing and validation. Provide support to end users on standardized and ad hoc reports.
• Creating data visualizations which meet business stakeholders’ requirements and are presented in clear, concise and easy to follow manner
• Communicating and understanding requirements with business stakeholders across multiple mediums (in-person, phone, email)
• Experience with SQL to include writing queries
• Participate in gathering needs/requests and work with senior leadership for guidance on information strategy, vision, and priorities.
• Perform complex data analysis in support of ad-hoc and standing customer requests.
• Develop methodologies and programs for analyzing and presenting data in generic ways for multiple clients.
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
• Serve as a liaison between technical team and the stakeholders.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The data analyst must have the ability to:
• Solve complex business problems
• Work under minimal supervision
• Work in a project team environment to satisfy system requirements
• Prioritize and break down tasks
• Meet demanding schedules and timelines
• Communicate and work effectively with a variety of personnel
• Maintain confidentiality of information
• Learn quickly and effectively from a variety of sources
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Essential functions require sitting approximately 90 percent of time, with balance of time spent traveling to various locations within the office building, climbing stairs, stooping, reaching, bending, and lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Must be able to answer telephones and meet with employees and others who have business with EML Payments. Must be able to read a variety of printed or handwritten material including statements, reports, and/or forms. Must be able to operate office equipment including a computer and copier. Must be able to hear and speak clearly and distinctly to provide information in person or on the telephone.
This IT position is in a 24x7 business environment and may require extended work hours during non-business hours, including evenings and/or weekends.