Location: Kansas City, Mo.
The Sales Coordinator is the primary point of support for the business development team. This position is responsible for the overall administration of inbound and outbound leads, CRM system management and reporting, third-party vendor management, business development team accountability, marketing team collaboration, and managing sales processes and procedures.
Primary responsibilities include: Assigning and tracking all inbound and outbound leads and appointments; managing relationships with third-party appointment-setting vendors; administering the CRM system and other sales tools and subscriptions; reviewing analytics and generating both standard and ad-hoc reports; conducting frequent meetings with business development and marketing personnel; streamlining sales processes and procedures; assisting the business development team with prospecting and pulling lists; managing nurture lists and marketing campaign tools; working with the marketing team to develop sales materials; and sourcing data from list services or online as needed.
The Sales Coordinator must be assertive, high-energy and create urgency with the business development team. He/she must be curious by nature, possess a positive attitude, and be ready to do whatever it takes to get things done. The Sales Coordinator must be an intuitive listener, able to pick up key information quickly, and he/she must be able to speak with confidence in sales and executive meetings.
This is a full-time position reporting to the VP, Marketing and Sales Support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sales Coordinator duties include the following:
- Manage inbound and outbound leads from all sources such as third-party vendors, EML marketing representatives, website, referrals, trade shows and marketing campaigns.
- Assign leads to the business development team, coordinate their schedules for appointment-setting, constantly monitor and track their progress in EML’s CRM system, and follow up with team members as frequently as needed to encourage conversion.
- Conduct weekly meetings with business development team members to measure success, make improvements in processes or messaging, and hold the team accountable for follow-up.
- As CRM administrator, manage all CRM training and best practices, input/manage lead and deal information, and generate reports as needed by business development, marketing and executive management.
- Effectively manage appointment-setting vendors with persistence and urgency. Manage vendor contracts and individual campaign goals. Track their success and make decisions to either improve their progress or discharge the vendor.
- Streamline and improve efficiencies in sales processes, tracking, scheduling and reporting.
- Generate, format and scrutinize prospect lists. Append and source data to improve list quality, and effectively manage prospect information to enhance telemarketing and email campaigns.
- Manage data and email campaigns in EML’s prospect database and email marketing tool.
- Work with the marketing team to implement and track nurture campaigns, and to create flyers, presentations, RFP responses and other material as needed to assist the business development team.
- Remain knowledgeable of key business processes, initiatives, branding and corporate style in all communications.
- Develop a strong knowledge of EML’s core products and utilize this knowledge to successfully support the business development team.
- Utilize Basecamp to track a variety of sales processes, lead-generation activities and relevant marketing projects.
- Share key knowledge from research papers, articles, statistics and other resources to keep the business development team informed and competitive.
- Perform special assignments and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Required: College degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Required: Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a corporate sales department with specific exposure to lead generation and management, data analytics and lists, appointment-setting, CRM tools, and general sales operations.
- Preferred: 1 year of experience in financial services, payment processing or card programs.
- The ideal candidate will have a desire to be part of a highly entrepreneurial and unstructured environment. EML is driven by leaders that bust through obstacles, get past “no,” and get things done. Every day is viewed as success or failure based on goals achieved, milestones reached and barriers eliminated.
The Sales Coordinator must exhibit the following characteristics:
- Insanely high energy and self-motivation
- Tenacity for following up
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable
- Able to speak with confidence to all level of an organization
- Constantly asking questions
- Passionate, curious and assertive
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Able to influence others and build strong relationships
- Able to switch gears quickly
- Sense of humor
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in workmanship
- Attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Customer focus, both internal and external
- Generate ideas on your own
- Operate as a visionary and perform analytically
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in team collaboration and fast-paced business development environments. The employee must be able to work well with individuals and cross-functional teams. The employee must be a high-performer, solve problems, stay organized, and handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Email systems, CRM and marketing automation tools
- Oral and written communication skills, including basic English sufficient to compose business correspondence.
- Modern office equipment, practices and procedures
- Interpersonal skills including professionalism, patience and courtesy
- Operate databases, spreadsheets and sales management tools
- Operate automated equipment and software utilized by the company
- Meet demanding schedules and timelines
- Communicate and work effectively with others
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate
- Perform detail-oriented work accurately with frequent interruptions
To apply, please submit resume and interest to Michelle Young, VP of Marketing and Sales Support.