The System Administrator/Desktop Support role is a combination of two separate areas of responsibility. The System Administrator role is responsible for daily operational tasks, after-hours support, building and maintaining all pieces of infrastructure equipment in EML’s entire Corporate infrastructure, users and equipment. In addition, the System Administrator role is responsible for managing daily system backups, software inventory control, evaluating, researching and procuring software and/or equipment. The remainder of time will be spent in a Desktop Support role. Desktop Support tasks are difficult to predict as they come up on an as-needed basis and have little room for delay but that responsibility generally does not take more than 50% of this role’s time.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The System Administrator/Desktop Support must exhibit the following characteristics:
• Team orientation
• Curiosity and Assertiveness
• Self-direction and strong sense of ownership
• High level of urgency
• Commitment to winning
• Agent of change
• Customer Focus
• Sense of Humor
• Pride in work and accomplishments
• Belief in personal and team accountability
• Attention to detail
Minimum Qualifications: Two years’ experience in an equivalent desktop support role, extensive technical support experience on computer software or hardware and the ability to troubleshoot Microsoft applications. Some experience related to managing servers, adding/updating Active Directory accounts and computer accounts and creating/maintaining backups. Strength in the areas of Network Engineering and Design is recommended.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform daily management of internal network backups.
- Manage software inventory of the applications installed on each end-user’s machine.
- Research, gather quotes and procure equipment as directed.
- Potentially make decisions and execute upon pre-determined after-hours support responsibilities.
- Assist other Network Engineers/System Administrators as necessary with
- Daily operational tasks
- Evaluating/Recommending/Selecting solutions from vendors
- Provide first-tier support for employee workstations, application configuration, management of anti-virus and phones.
- Support multiple flavors of the Windows OS, Microsoft Office applications and printing services.
- Troubleshoot software, hardware and networking issues.
- Perform build-outs of new workstations/servers, rebuilding existing workstations/servers.
- Train end-users on procedures, policies and best-practices related to using their machine.
- Create/maintain any documentation as necessary when making changes.
- Understand impact of SAS70 and PCI requirements and how it relates to this position.
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned by manager.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Microsoft Windows OS’s (Server and Desktop) and Microsoft Office Applications.
- Experience performing setup, installation, upgrades, and troubleshooting of software and OS’s.
- Knowledge of LAN concepts and protocols (TCP/IP)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Inter-personal skills including tact, patience and courtesy.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Meet demanding schedules and timelines
- Communicate and work effectively with others
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Perform detail-oriented work accurately with frequent interruptions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Essential functions require sitting approximately 80 percent of time, with balance of time spent traveling to various locations within the office building, climbing stairs, stooping, reaching, bending, and lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Must be able to answer telephones and meet with employees and others who have business with Store Financial. Must be able to read a variety of printed or handwritten material including statements, reports, and/or forms. Must be able to operate office equipment including a computer, copier, etc. Must be able to hear and speak clearly and distinctly to provide information in person or on the telephone.