Reports to: Director or System Operations
Status: Full-time employee
The System Administrator’s primary responsibility is to provide multi-tier support for all systems and applications in the Card Processing Environment. This position is also responsible for after-hours support of those same systems as part of the on-call rotation.
• Team orientation
• Curiosity and Assertiveness
• Self-direction and strong sense of ownership
• High level of urgency
• Commitment to winning
• Agent of change
• Customer Focus
• Sense of Humor
• Pride in work and accomplishments
• Belief in personal and team accountability
• Attention to detail
This work requires specialized knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through attaining a four-year college degree in a technology-related field. Minimum Qualification: Any combination equivalent to four (4) years of college-level course work in network engineering, network administration, system administration or computer science or related fields and three (3) years of relevant work experience in a network engineer or system administrator role. This position also requires at least three (3) years of experience supporting real time production systems using Microsoft Windows Server (version 2008 R2 or higher), IIS (version 7.0 or higher), Microsoft SQL Server (2008 R2 or greater), as well as fundamental understanding of relational database concepts and data center environments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Daily operational support of EML’s Card Processing Environment
• Manage deployment tools and processes to facilitate rapid release cycles
• Install new software releases and system upgrades in the Card Processing Environment
• Automated deployment of application and OS security updates/patches
• Provide second-tier support for all production systems
• Administration and configuration of core Windows features (IIS, MSMQ, Microsoft .NET) and multiple EML proprietary technologies
• Monitor performance and troubleshoot incidents in Card Processing Environment
• Maintain PCI compliance through best practices of security for cardholder data and comply with all associated processes and procedures.
• Review system and application logs to ensure stability and security of the Card Processing Environment
• Design, development and deployment of SQL scripts for reporting, troubleshooting and issue resolution
• Documentation of system procedures and architecture, such as deployment procedures and infrastructure/database diagrams
• Participation in application design and architecture sessions
• Other duties as assigned by management
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, IIS 7.0+, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2+
• TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, RPC, MSDTC, FTP
• Microsoft .NET Framework configurations and deployment
• Scripting for automation (Powershell, Perl, VBS, etc)
• Thorough understanding of PCI and network/application security
• Experience deploying software in a server environment via automated tools or scripting (Octopus, WSUS, Powershell)
• Able to read, write and understand basic SQL scripts
• Familiar with Splunk, Nagios, Cacti, or other logging and monitoring tools
• PCI Data Security Standard 3.0 or newer
• VMWare, HyperV or other hypervisor technologies
Skills and Abilities
• Meet demanding schedules and timelines.
• Communicate and work effectively with others.
• Work independently with minimal supervision.
• Perform detail-oriented work accurately with frequent interruptions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Essential functions require sitting approximately 90 percent of time, with balance of time spent traveling to various locations within the office building, climbing stairs, stooping, reaching, bending, and lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Must be able to answer telephones and meet with employees and others who have business with EML. Must be able to read a variety of printed or handwritten material including statements, reports, and/or forms. Must be able to operate office equipment including a computer, adding machine and copier. Must be able to hear and speak clearly and distinctly to provide information in person or on the telephone.